- Niche Academy Consultant, Library of Virginia, 4/2022-current
- Instructional Designer, PCI Webinars, 8/2021-current
- Library Consultant, Library Development, Library of Michigan, 12/2011 – 1/2022
- Project Coordinator, California Libraries Learn 8/2020 – 8/2021
- Website Administrator, Library of Michigan 5/2006 – 12/2011
- Patron Services Coordinator/Studio Director, Braille and Talking Book Library 5/1999 – 5/2006
I engage regularly with audiences in person and online. Appearances include Public Library Association, CORE, Niche Academy, Computers in Libraries, PCI Webinars, and Florida Library Webinars.
Current topics include Scalable eAccessibility Training for Library Staff, Managing Up, and Instructional Design.
For 22 years, my articles have been appearing in Library Journal, The Other Journal: An Intersection of Theology and Culture, and multiple times in both Computers in Libraries, and for Gale/Cengage. Topics include User Experience, Change Management, and EDIA.
- Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan:: MLIS
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan:: B.A. English
Honors and awards
- Professional Service Award •• Wayne State University
- Leadership Academy Scholarship •• Michigan Library Association
- American Library Association
- Public Library Association
- Michigan Library Association (former elected office holder)
- Michigan Academic Library Association
Volunteering in my community
- English as a Second Language Learning Buddy • Refugee Development Center
- Narrator • Braille and Talking Book Library
- Lansing Host Lions Club